Before we get started, you will need:
For this project we will be installing a UFO Air Filter for 47cc, using the Billet Velocity Stack on the Grand Prix MX3 Pocketbike.
That's it! You now have a better breating 47cc two-stroke Pocket Bike that sounds better, looks better, and goes faster. Please note, this install alsow works for the Cagllari Daytona, GP MTX Pocketbike, and the GP RSR Mini Pocket Bike models.
- Locate the Air Filter immediately in front of the rear wheel under the seat, it is a small black plastic box attached to the engine.
- Unscrew the two bolts holding the OEM Air Filter using the ratchet screw driver.
- Using a clean cloth, wipe down the exposed parts of the carburetor and optionally spray some carb and choke cleaner.
- Take the black gasket from the Billet Velocity Stack Kit for 47cc pocketbikes and fit it on the carburetor.
- Place the two washers in the holes on the velocity stack and seeing that the gasket stays in place, screw it in to the carburetor using the hex key (allen wrench).
- Ensure the velocity stack is properly mounted and check the gasket to be sure that it has sealed nice and tight.
- Making sure you have the metal fitting around the UFO Air Filter for 47cc, slide the rubber end over the velocity stack and push it down with the palm of your hand to ensure it seals snugly against the lip of the velocity stack.
- Using the flat head screwdriver, tighten the fitting around the rubber portion of the Air Filter and finally, double check that it has sealed securely on the velocity stack, with no gaps.