Quick start guide to help you get your 47cc two-stroke pocket bike started quickly and effortlessly every time.
USAPocketBikes.com Quick Start Guide
Warning: Read this Before You Start The Engine
How to Mix Fuel Correctly
- Get a 1 Gallon Fuel Container
- Measure out 5 fl. oz for 2-stroke Oil (Good brands are available at home improvement or lawn mower stores.)
- Add 5 fl. oz of 2-stroke Oil to the container, then fill with 1 gallon of 91 or higher octane gas.
Always Check Before Riding
- All bolts are tight (you can use Loctite when necessary)
- Tires are filled with air (35-40 psi)
- Drive chain has 1/4" to 1/2" of slack
- Fuel Line is attached from fuel tank to carb (a second line may be attached only to the carb for overflow, this is normal.)
Always mix 4 fl. oz of quality name two-stroke oil per gallon of gas after the break-in first gallon.
Always use 91 Octane gas or better that is less than one month old.
How To Start The Engine
- When the engine is cold make sure the choke is all the way up, and the fuel line switch is the same direction as the fuel line (vertical) (See A). When the engine is hot, put the choke down.
- Put your left hand on the bike to support it. With your right hand, grab the handle and pull it to your chest in a firm motion no more than 3 times in a row (See B and C). Do not pull the handle rapidly many times, stretch it longer than two feet, or let it snap back to the starter.
- While you pull the starter, try giving the throttle a 1/4 turn to give it some gas.
- When it starts running, quickly put the choke all the way down and gently pull the throttle a couple of times to let it warm up before riding. **Ride without using max throttle for the first gallon.
- If it doesn't start after several pulls, you may have to wait 5 minutes if the engine has flooded or buy carb and choke cleaner and spray it into the air filter, then start over from step 1.
I've Tried Everything and My Bike Still Won't Start...
Call customer service toll-free or visit the chat live link at www.usapocketbikes.com to chat live with a support professional, available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm PST at 1-888-720-BIKES. For more support send a detailed e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Also available at: http://www.usapocketbikes.com/usapb_quick_start_guide.pdf